Job Vacancy: Assistant Manager
Full time position, 40 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends)
@WORLE Community Sports Centre
We have an exciting opportunity for a new member of staff to join our team as the Assistant Manager @Worle Community Sports Centre. We are looking for a suitably qualified individual to play a key role in ensuring the continued success of Weston Super Mare’s newest community sports centre.
The Assistant Manager will support the Sports & Facilities Trust Manager to promote and develop sporting activity, and to generate business ensuring a comprehensive and balanced programme within the community sport areas. You will need to be able to motivate and lead the sport centre’s team in the manager’s absence, and have a real passion for health & fitness.
The ideal candidate will possess;
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Basic numeracy and literacy skills/qualifications (GCSE level C or above)
· REPS level 2 Qualification or equivalent fitness qualification
· Knowledge of H&S within the workplace
· Management experience (not essential)
· Be passionate about health & fitness and have a positive, confident & enthusiastic attitude
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 per annum with 24 days holiday per annum (plus statutory holidays)
All appointments will be subject to a DBS (Formally CRB) check and satisfactory references.
For an informal discussion about the position and to request a job pack, please contact Harry Nash Sports and Facilities Trust Manager of the @Worle Centre on 01934 529540 or email email@example.com. For more information about the centre please visit www.worle.org.uk
The closing date for all applications is 12 noon on Thursday 14th April 2016. Interview dates are TBC.